Showing all 8 results
Lortab 10/325mg$409.00 Select options
Lortab 10/500mg$409.00 Select options
Lortab 2.5/500mg$259.00 Select options
Lortab 5/325mg$319.00 Select options
Lortab 5/500mg$309.00 Select options
Lortab 7.5/325 mg$333.00 Select options
Lortab 7.5/500mg$349.00 Select options
Lortab ASA 500mg$309.00 Select options
What is Lortab?
Lortab is a prescription drug for pain treatment. It contains a combination of two opioid pain medications, namely, acetaminophen and hydrocodone. Lortab generic is available with the name of these components. People usually buy Lortab online from the comfort of their homes.
This medication helps relieve pain when other opioids or non-opioid pain medicines are not enough or hard for you to tolerate. Lortab relieves both moderate and severe pain. And, both its components have their function in relieving pain.
This drug functions by binding to the mu-opioid receptor. It works in your brain to block pain signals and decreases the ability to feel pain. Suppose you keep consuming this drug for a longer time and build up a tolerance to this drug. Here, it may take longer to feel relief from the pain.
Hydrocodone, accessible in the market under the brand name Zohydro ER is a narcotic drug beneficial in treating prolonged severe pain or any moderate pain if other measures are not sufficient. Typically it is sold in combinations with acetaminophen or ibuprofen and is available in a long-acting formulation.
Acetaminophen is one of the less potent pain relievers that help hydrocodone relieve pain. The everyday work of this drug is to reduce the fever with mild to moderate pain; although it is also efficient in other medical conditions such as:
- Menstrual periods
- Pain caused by cold or flu
Things to do before taking Lortab
Before taking Lortab, have a medical checkup and inform your doctor if you are allergic to Lortab or other opioids such as hydromorphone, benzhydrocodone, codeine, morphine, or any other product.
Have detailed information about all the components of Lortab as it may contain some passive elements that cause an allergic reaction or other medical problems. You may consult your pharmacist for further details regarding Lortab ingredients.
Before using this medication for pain, ensure that your medical healthcare provider knows about your medical history, especially if you have ever had:
- Brain disorders including injuries in the brain, seizures (or convulsions), brain tumor;
- Breathing conditions such as sleep apnea, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (commonly known as COPD);
- Liver or kidney disease
- Mental disorders concerning mood such as depression, confusion, and thoughts of suicide;
- An individual or family history of any substance use disorder addiction to or overuse of drugs or alcohol;
- Stomach or intestinal issues such as constipation, blockage, paralytic ileus, diarrhea due to infection;
- Gallbladder disease, pancreatitis (disease of the pancreas); or
- Difficulty urinating (such as because of enlarged prostate)
How to use Lortab?
Firstly, read the patient leaflet and medication guide carefully. Follow the dosing schedule your medical healthcare provider assigned, and if you have any dosage-related queries, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Take this medication orally rather than breaking, crushing, or dissolving it for injection into the vein. It depends upon you and your medical condition whether you take it with or without food. If you are nauseated, you must prefer to take Lortab with food.
If you or any other person you care for is taking the liquid suspension form of Lortab, use a proper dose-measuring device to take the exact amount your medical healthcare provider prescribed.
Your doctor will assign your dosing schedule keeping the correct proportion of acetaminophen and hydrocodone in mind. It is essential to take this medication in an appropriate combination.
To avoid the risk of side effects, take Lortab precisely as per the dosing schedule your medical healthcare provider assigned.
Lortab withdrawal symptoms
Discontinuing this medication abruptly can result in the occurrence of severe withdrawal symptoms such as:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Excessive sweating, restlessness
- Muscle aches
- Fast heart rate
- Runny nose
- High blood pressure
- Stomach cramps or pain
What are the side effects of Lortab?
Go for emergency medical help if you have allergic reactions because of Lortab. Signs of an allergic reaction include hives, issues with breathing, swelling of your face, throat, lips, or tongue.
Severe side effects of Lortab
- Slow heartbeat, shallow breathing;
- Unusual thoughts or behavior, confusion;
- Easy bleeding or bruising;
- Seizure (convulsion);
- Sexual problems, loss of interest in sex, impotence;
- Infertility missed menstrual periods:
- Low cortisol levels- vomiting, nausea, dizziness, loss of appetite, worsening weakness or tiredness; or
- Liver problems- upper stomach pain, nausea, loss of appetite, itching, clay-colored stools, dark urine, jaundice
Risk of serotonin syndrome: If you have serotonin syndrome symptoms such as agitation, fever, hallucinations, shivering, sweating, muscle stiffness, fast heart rate, loss of coordination, twitching, vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea, consult your medical healthcare provider right away.
Common side effects of Lortab:
- Constipation, upset stomach;
- Headache, drowsiness;
- Dry mouth; or
- Blurred vision
Lortab is one of the best pain medications if you take it properly under proper medical supervision.